- Small Claims will start with your group traveling to Olfden in the Darkmoon Vale from Oregent.
- The current year is 4706.
- Darkmoon Vale is the wilderness region in northwestern Andoran stretching from Arthfell Forest on its southern border to Darkmoon Wood and Droskar’s Crag in the north. The River Foam is the primary waterway in the region and cuts a line through the center of the Vale. While Darkmoon Vale consists mostly of untamed wilderness, rife with kobolds, fey, and werewolves, it nevertheless hosts several mentionable settlements, including Falcon’s Hollow, Olfden, Oregent and Piren’s Bluff. Despite the region’s many dangers, Andoran remains interested in the Vale’s natural resources, from darkwood to silver, and its access to the Isger border.
- In the four year span beginning in 4697 AR, hobgoblin commanders led hundreds of goblin tribes as they emerged from forests such as Isger’s Chitterwood. A series of wars resulted, from Varisia to Taldor, as humanity struggled against the goblinoids who spread across the surface world, attacking and eating everything in their path. The organization of the hobgoblins made these goblin tribes particularly dangerous. Untold number of travelers and merchants died along the Conerica Straits, and whole towns were destroyed as far from the Chitterwood as the Five Kings Mountains. A small order of Hellknights from Cheliax, a contingent of Druma’s Mercenary League, and a regiment of Eagle Knights of Andoran combined forces to fight the goblin hordes. These wars are known for their number of dead on all sides of the field.
Capital: Almas (76,600)
Notable Settlements: Augustana (54,200),
Bellis (4,800), Carpenden (10,600), Falcon’s
Hollow (1,400), Oregent (22,700)
Ruler: His Excellency Codwin I of Augustana, Supreme Elect of the Free Peoples of Andoran
Government: Fledgling democracy
Religion: Abadar, Erastil, Iomedae, Aroden, Shelyn, Cayden Cailean
- Andoran is located on the northern coast of the Inner Sea. The nation is separated from its western neighbor, the empire of Cheliax, by the Aspodell Mountains. The Five Kings Mountains perform a similar function in the north, serving as a barrier between Andoran and the nations of Druma, Isger, and Kyonin. To the east lie the nations of Galt and Taldor; much of Andoran’s eastern border lies within the Verduran Forest, and follows the flow of the Sellen River.
- Andoran has a republican, centralized government. Every 5 years, all Andorens vote a candidate to the People’s Council. The 350 citizen-representatives sit on the marble benches of the People’s Council in the monument-laden capital of Almas. Many once held noble titles, while others rose from slavery or serfdom to speak for their home shires in the
assembly. From the highest government official of Andoran to its lowliest servant, nearly everyone believes in the tenets of the People’s Revolt that transformed the nation some 40 years ago. They are the children of the second and third generations of liberty, and their faith in the Andoren way is resolute.
- Andorens seek not just to transform their homeland, but to export their cultural, philosophical, and mercantile beliefs to the world.Years ago, the heroes of Andoran emptied the nation’s prisons and freed all its slaves in an attempt to bolster the strength of the Revolt, and its people thereafter subscribed to a militant abolitionism.Agents provocateurs dispatched from the capital city of Almas actively seek to undermine the Inner Sea slave trade and those nations who actively support it: Absalom, Cheliax, Katapesh, Osirion, and Thuvia being among the worst offenders. The world thus views Andorens as trouble-makers and unwanted ideological imperialists.
- Timeline of Andoran
- Age of Darkness
–5293 Earthfall. The Starstone tumbles to Golarion, creating the Inner Sea and kicking off a thousand years of darkness. Azlant and Thassilon destroyed. Elves depart Golarion.
- Age of Enthronement
1 AR – Absalom founded. Aroden, the Last Azlanti, raises the Starstone from the depths of the Inner Sea and becomes a living god.
1707 AR – Andoran founded by General Khastalus of Corentyn, as a province of Taldor.
1853 AR – The Lumber Consortium is founded to supply Taldor with lumber from Darkmoon Vale.
4081 AR – Andoran breaks from Taldor in order to join Cheliax, as part of the Even-Tongued Conquest.
4113 Karas “the Falcon” Novotnian enters Darkmoon Vale and begins pacifying region
4491 Forest King Narven dies and the Druid Kingdom peacefully disintegrates. Kol “Two-Paws” Thornaolf founds Greenfire Circle.
4600 AR – King Cullaim II founds the Eagle Knights.
- Age of Lost Omens
4606 AR – Aroden dies.
4640 AR – Rise of the Thrune Ascendancy in Cheliax.
4642 AR – Darl Jubannich writes On Government, a brief work critical of House Thrune that would help spark the People’s Revolt.
4669 AR – Andoran declares its independence from Cheliax in the People’s Revolt. Cheliax begins 20-year embargo of Andoran.
4689 AR – Chelish embargo of Andoran ends with the sinking of three Chelish warships outside Westcrown, including the flagship of the Chelish navy.
4691 AR – A Taldan duke attacks and destroys one of Andoran’s eastern counties before the Eagle Knights can respond and quell the incursion.
4697 AR – The Goblinblood Wars begin in Isger.
4704 AR – Codwin I of Augustana elected Supreme Elect of Andoran. Codwin is reelected to a second term four years later.